Monday, January 9, 2012

Pushin...

A new workout week started yesterday.  I ended Saturday's post with "push yourself this weekend" and I feel like I did exactly that.

Yesterday, I got up early to go to the gym.  My goal for yesterday was 10 miles.  I knew my mind could not take 10 miles on the treadmill so I was shooting for six.  It's all I can stand.  I kept a nice relaxing pace of 10:30/mile.  It felt nice, although I was a little sore from the workout on Saturday.  Later on that day, the weather was gorgeous and it was time for round two.  It's amazing to me that it's the second week of January and I am still able to run in a long sleeve shirt and a t-shirt over that and be comfortable.  The temps have been perfect!  I had a great afternoon run.  I put in four miles in 39:15.

This morning, my body was tired.  Today was day six...I haven't rested since Tuesday.  I decided that four was all I could pull out.  I did a comfortable four and then worked on weights.  Tomorrow is rest day!

I had forgotten how fun this is!  It's got me itching for another full marathon and I am thinking that Rockford might be the one to do that.  I'm going to think on it a little more...see how the rest of this month goes.  I would love to be able to run a full so close to home.  In the mean time, I am going to look for a good training plan and see how this all plays out.

No comments: