Monday, January 2, 2012

Plans for 2012

I bought a new scale for 2012.  I haven't had a working one since summer.  I am using that as my excuse as to why I have gained eight pounds in 2011...just let me have this one excuse and then I promise I won't make any more this year.  So, with my new scale and my new motivation for the new year, I am planning on being bikini ready by Spring Break.

I ended 2011 with a four mile run outside...without a bunch of layers on.  It was wonderful and gave me some quiet time to myself to reflect on the year that I had.  I was so thankful to be able to end my year that way.

Then, the very next day, the first day of 2012, I started my year out with 6 miles on the treadmill.  I would have much rather been pounding the pavement, but I was afraid I would get blown away...heck, I am just a sissy lately when it comes to the cold.  Even though I was on a treadmill, I decided to challenge myself with not only speed but also incline.  I delivered a real butt kickin workout and was so thankful when I hit that six mile mark and I could stumble off of that machine.  I don't think I have been this sore after six miles in a while.  It was just what I needed.

In 2011, I fell short of finishing a half marathon in under 2:10.  So, that is my goal for this coming racing year.  I want it so bad.  I have been looking over several races for the upcoming year and I am thinking my year is going to go something like this:

April 28th (my 30th birthday!!!) - The Christie Clinic Illinois Half Marathon - Really hoping to reach my goal on my birthday!

May 20, 2012 - The Rockford Half Marathon - Love this race...the course is nice and it's close to home.

June - The Milk Days 10K - If I have this weekend off, I am thinking I will give it a go.

August 18th - The Warrior Dash - This race was so much fun when I ran it in 2010...looking forward to getting dirty and having some fun this year!

August 25th - The 10 mile CRIM - I've lost count but I am thinking this will be my 5th one.  I am hoping that I will be running next to my sister again this year and maybe my Dad...and hoping we can get my Mom, Aunt, and a few cousins to come along and at least walk.

Sept - I would like to run another half but we shall see...I might just be focused on my training

October - Another full marathon.  I am still deciding between a rematch in Chicago and the Detroit marathon.  I have some time, but I do know that I will get another 26.2 under my belt in 2012.

I am looking forward to another year of running!  Happy New Year everyone and have fun working on your 2012 goals.

No comments: