Sunday, January 8, 2012

One week down...

Well, I made it through the week...and I feel like I was pretty successful with everything I set out to do:

- My goal was to up my mileage.

I finished out the week with 29 miles under my belt and a total of 85 minutes on the spinning bike.  I really like the visual of having my mileage up where I can look at it on my calendar.  My only day off this past week was Tuesday.

- My goal was to lose at least 2 pounds.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am down 4!  I couldn't have been happier...my hard work and dedication has paid off.

- My goal was to make healthy food choices.

This is the area that I struggled in the most.  Coming off of the holidays, I have gotten so used to eating anything is sight.  I have been surrounded by cake, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, pies...mmmm.  I have a bad habit, that I have acquired this past year, of night eating...which I didn't do at all this past week.  I was able to eat healthy ( I did allow myself some chocolate), stop the night eating, and watch my portions....it was tough though and I had many, many times where I had to fight temptation.

Goals for next week :  30 miles, lose 2 pounds, no night eating

No comments: