Sunday, March 28, 2010

Running Jewelry

I got this bracelet from a friend back before I got pregnant with my youngest. It was a really special gift: a bracelet with both my kids' names on it separated by their birthstones. I even wore it to the hospital when I went to have my youngest so I could glance down at my wrist and remember my sweet babies. It doesn't have my youngest on it, but I am thinking about wearing it during my marathon...and maybe I will write Collin's name on my wrist with permanent marker.

Which brings me to why I am telling this story:

I am not really a jewelry person unless the piece of jewelry means something. I never take my wedding rings off because they mean something incredibly special to me...I often fear losing them. I hardly went anywhere without that bracelet because it meant something to me.

While looking through my last Runner's World, I got to the back where all the running ads are. I saw one for running jewelry and decided to take a peak. I found this...and I want it. I love shoes so I thought the shoe with 26.2 and then Hope, Persist, Believe. What do you think?? My Golden Birthday is just three days before my first marathon, so maybe I will use some of my birthday money. I just think this is too big of a deal not to do something. The medal is fine and all, but I can't wear it to the grocery store, to work, or to church...ya know (and if you do, more power to you!)?

P.S. One month until my birthday!!

4 comments:

Saralyn said...

I've seen a few on etsy.com that are nice, too.

Jamie said...

I was looking at those too! I was looking at the one where you can have the name of the marathon and date put on the charm! Very cool.

Melissa said...

I think you should just do another tatoo :-)

Beth said...

Another Tatoo...hummm...now you got me thinkin. ;-)