Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pain, pain, go away...

It seems as if all the signs and symptoms are pointing to plantar fasciitis. I guess I only have myself to blame for this one. Maybe the logical thing to have done before running 12+ miles was to stretch for a good amount of time...oops...lesson learned...really this time. I had the same thing happen to me last year before The CRIM...guess I forgot how bad this hurt.

I still haven't run yet this week and it's *killing* me. It's been months since I have been off this long. My plan is to try another long run on Friday and see what happens. I need to get back. I think I am at a critical point in my training and I have come too far to be skipping days now.

The weather has been gorgeous this week. With the sunshine, warmer temps, and blue skies, I am getting more and more excited for the warmer weather and my first Marathon. I wanted to quit running after Sunday (well, not really, but it's just what I tell myself after every crappy run), but I am back to my senses and want this too bad.

So, my dear left foot, are you with me or not? Because it looks like you have no choice...you either start cooperating or come Friday, I am taking an anti-inflammatory drug and running on you anyway. You have rested long enough. It's time to snap out of it.

No comments: