Monday, January 25, 2010

Week Three ~ Completed

Week three of my Marathon training was a little bit more difficult than one and two. I had a 14 mile run looming at the end of the week. Finding the time and the energy was hard with PMSing, my parents being in town, and the weather being nasty. Add an injury from the end of week two (I messed up my knee) and it took everything I had to keep following my schedule.

Total mileage for the week: 33 miles.

Aside from my knee killing me after last week's 12 mile and this week's 14 mile long run, I am feeling like I am getting stronger and a little bit faster. Last night, on my long run on the treadmill, I was able to average 10:09/mile. After finishing, I felt as if I had a little more left in me...it made the higher mileage in a few weeks seem more doable.

This coming week looks like an easy week. The longest run I have to do is 6 miles...should allow me to baby my knee a bit. Looking forward to it!