Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Let the Training Begin

I have officially begun my Marathon Training. I am pretty excited about actually having it all scheduled out for me already. The first four weeks are pretty decent weeks. After that, the long runs get longer. I have to remind myself that this is a 16 week process and that 20 miles looming out there on my schedule is something that I am going to work up to.

My gym membership has been wonderful! I knew that I was a weakling. Give me a pair of running shoes and strap on a Garmin and I can run for a while. Cardio is what I love. Give me a set of weights or a machine that works my legs or abs and watch me try and walk the next day...pretty pitiful. I have realized just how much I am lacking. Today is the first day that nothing on me is sore and I can walk down the stairs normally and sit up unassisted. I have been working my muscles out through the pain and hopefully will be able to see and feel a difference soon. I not only want to push myself in racing this year, but I also would like to tone and challenge myself in strength.

I am looking forward to seeing a transformation the next 16 weeks...I am pretty terrified of what comes next. :-)

No comments: