Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gearing Up for The New Year

I like to plan out my races for the new year way ahead of time. It not only motivates me to keep running through the cold months but it also gets me excited about another running season.

February - Looking in to the Lake Geneva Winterfest 10K (How bout it Jamie and Hollie?)

May - Wisconsin Marathon - starting the season off with a bang. If I think about it for too long, I feel a panic attack coming on. I am hoping that I didn't bite off more that I can chew on this one. It will be my first marathon...hopefully not my last.

June - The annual 10K Milk Days run - It will be my third. I am hoping to get my best time yet considering I will be coming off of marathon training and when you've been running 20+ miles, what's 6.2...right? It's local, so I love it.

July - may just take it easy...or not. I plan on checking on Running in the USA as the month gets closer.

August - The CRIM (10 miles) - This will also be my third time running this race. The first year it kicked my butt. This past year, I came back and finished strong. I am hoping to have an even better year in downtown Flint. This won't be my last.

September - I did the Lansing Half Marathon this past year. Instead of traveling for another race, I plan on finding a half marathon closer to home...if I enjoy my marathon in May, I might even go bigger and do another marathon.

October - 10K Pumpkin Run - This will be my third year running this one also. This past year, I got my best 10K time on this course...hoping to squeak below that.

November - Hope to find a turkey run around here since we will be home for Thanksgiving.

There ya have it...there's my list. Anyone planned out their races for the upcoming season yet? Anyone have a goal of running their first race ever?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so proud of you! February sounds interesting, I could probably be talked into it! I need to sit down and do some scheduling myself. I'll keep you posted.

Saralyn said...

This sounds lame compared to your list, but I'd just like to run 5 miles. I hit 4 when the weather was nice, but am stuck around 3 right now. (I'm afraid to get tired and have to walk--don't want to die of hypothermia.) Can't wait to see you check off your list!

Jamie said...

I have the perfect September race -- the Quad Cities Marathon or 1/2. Its only about 2 hours away, and we can stay with my sister-in-law. She is going to run the 1/2 in Kenosha so you can meet her then!