Saturday, February 6, 2010

Whatcha Eating: Blackeyed Peas

I had never had blackeyed peas in my life until today. I got a clean eating recipe for blackeyed peas and brown rice. It's basically a bunch of veggies, pepper, and garlic served with brown rice. It was pretty good, but next time I am going to add a few more veggies and cook the blackeyed peas separately.



I didn't have a red pepper that the recipe called for but I am thinking it needs some red and orange veggies mixed in there next time.


I have been enjoying sweet potatoes. Today for lunch I had a sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and pepper and a 1/2 cup of blueberries and a hand full of dry roasted peanuts.



Anyone out there ever had bok choy? Is the taste much different than cabbage?

2 comments:

Denise said...

so, so happy you came out from lurking!!!

as for black eyed peas...aren't they great!! we eat them on salad all the time!

Beth said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments and input! Love your running blog!!!