Thursday, February 4, 2010

Energy Gels

I went and gave blood today. I am hoping it doesn't mess me up for my long run this Sunday.

I have to drive about a half hour to where I donate. It's conveniently located across the street from a Sports Authority. I snuck in there after donating and picked up a few packets of GU Energy Gels and PowerBar Gels. I am going to try them out and see how they work for me. I got a few without caffiene and a few with.

I was down the beginning of the week with a stomach bug and just started feeling better yesterday. It totally wiped me out and I haven't run as much/as long and I would have liked to this week. I had a great six mile tempo run today and feel like I am almost back to 100%. The next two weeks are going to be killer and I have no room for sickness right now. I have twenty miles looming out there at the end of week 7. It will either make or break me.

1 comment:

Peaceful Chaoz said...

Good Luck!

So sorry to hear about the bug, its been going around! Will be praying for you on Sunday!! :0)