Friday, February 12, 2010

Realization

I came to the realization this past week that life as I knew it has ended.
I am in a committed relationship
with a very needy partner
it's a painful relationship at times
that takes up so much
and doesn't allow for long stretches of relaxation
I'm always up and going, it seems.
It's give, give, give
and what I get back is a couple of sore feet, sore knees, and at times a messed up tummy
on the weekends, this relationship pushes me to the point of exhaustion
I have signed my free time away by being in this relationship
I am training for a Marathon
I took my affair with running to the next level.
I don't see an end in sight.
Week six, baby!
Eighteen miles tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You really are a gifted writer! This made me chuckle, because I knew exactly where you were going! 18 tomorrow:)