Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ultra Goal


Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.

~Robert H. Schuller



I had a crazy idea on Saturday.
It always seems to happen when I am bored.
I had a crazy idea while pregnant with my last child that I could run a ten mile race.
I have finished two so far.
It's a tradition that I don't intend to break.
I had a crazy idea after my last ten mile race that I could run 13.1.
I ran 13.1 and loved it.

Saturday, I had the crazy idea of setting a date for my first marathon.
I picked a tentative date of May 16th, 2010...I will be 28. Lucky?
That gives me time to do two more before my 30th birthday.
Then, I got a crazy idea.
Ultra comes to mind.
I have set a goal to complete my first Ultra Marathon within the next two years.
I am looking in to a few.
The soonest being the end of next summer.

Run for 10 hours? Sounds like a plan to me.

2 comments:

Saralyn said...

Have you read The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer? I picked it up at the library last week, not that I intend to run a marathon, but I figured I could gain some insight into how to go from zero to twenty-six, or in my case five, in sixteen weeks.

Jamie said...

YOU ARE CRAZY!! I mean that in the best possible way:) One at a time my friend:) I am looking forward to my 1st marathon in January, but I am not looking any farther than 26.2, until I first accomplish that goal!