Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Journey

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Beth. I have been married to Dan for six and a half years. We have three gorgeous kids who are 5, 4, and 2. I work (about 20 hours a week) as a phlebotomist. I am a runner but haven't always been. It started out of desperation...not only a need for me time but also a desire to not believe the lies that I was a wife and Mom now and my body would never be the same. It all started with a blue double jogger stroller and a goal...a goal to get back in to my wedding dress.



I too have struggled with my weight...and I have got the pictures to prove it. It's embarrassing, but I wanted to show everyone that I have been there too. So, here we go :




Beginning of '03...just about two months or so before getting married...5'8" and about 155...not too bad...I was never a stick in highschool...I was average weight.






My wedding day...March 22, 2003...about 145...stress is always good for dropping a few.




Six months post wedding...155




A few days after having my first child...a whopping 190






A month or two after having my first child...miserable...size 16 and hating what I see in the mirror...but, I am a Mom now and my body is gone forever...at least that's the excuse I was using.







A few months after having my first born...her dedication...sz 14...everything is large...still unhappy...I packed away pre pregnancy clothes and never expected to see them again.




Pregnant with my second child...we wasted no time...atleast I could hide behind the pregnancy...and wear maternity clothes.




Just after having my second child







A month or so after having my second child...180
(excuse my one year old)


Christmas 2005...I had enough...I cut carbs...started riding my stationary bike




The year 2006, I said goodbye to my baby weight forever. I started by running .25 mile and walking the other 1.75. Little by little, I built up my endurance...all while pushing my two little ones in a double jogger. There are no excuses!




I got pregnant again the end of the year, after all of that hard work. I knew I wasn't going back to almost 200 pounds. I kept running, kept active, and watched my diet. I ran up until about 34 weeks. Stepped on the scale at the very end and I was at 176. Just a few months later, I was back to where I was before and determined to come back better, healthier than ever.




I ran my first race in June 2008 (a 10K) and that's when it all began. Most recently, September 27th, 2009, I finished my first half marathon.


September 2009...in the best shape of my life...maintaining my weight in the upper 130's



I am living proof that you can get back in to your wedding dress and you don't have to believe that your body is gone forever. It's hard.work.every.single.day. It takes effort and dedication, but no food is better than fitting in to your skinny jeans...nor is it better than going upstairs and not feeling winded... or seeing that your blood work is back to normal (had to add that last one, working in a lab and all).




I am looking forward to sharing my journey, tips, quotes that inspire me, a suggestion for your playlist, and much more. I hope that I will inspire and encourage you on your journey to healthy, active living. This will be fun!





1 comment:

Brittany said...

Beth, Thank you AGAIN you and Hollie put yourselfs out there again on the line, THis time with pics:) IT is encouraging to know that at one point and time we were or are all there. You guys have once again kicked my butt!! THANK YOU:)