Friday, April 30, 2010

Pre-race ramblings...

Ready or not, my first marathon is tomorrow...I am beyond excited...and a little bit nervous. My ipod is charging, my outfit is in my bag, and all of my shotbloks, beans, and bars are packed. This is it! I can't believe it!

Tomorrow, I am going to be laboring for around 5 hours
to give birth to a 26.2 mile finish.
I know it's going to be tough.
Probably the hardest thing I have ever done.
There will be a lot of sweat.
I am sure there will be some tears.
Maybe a few times that I wish I could just stop.
But I will not quit
Because there will also be
laughter
a few moments along the way where I will see my husband,
my daughter,
my friends
cheering me on.
Then, there will be victory
when I cross the finish line
with my running buddy through this entire 16 weeks
our arms in the air
tears in our eyes
and I will probably say something like,
"We did it!"

Goals: Since I am a marathon virgin I have no idea what to expect or how my body will react or feel. Although my goal is just to finish...it would be nice to finish between 5 hours and 5.5 hours...anything below that would be a shocker. My only other goal is to have fun and soak it all in.

No comments: