Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Here's to a new year...

Well, I am back.  I have been throwing around the idea of starting to blog here again and I am to a point where I really think it will be beneficial for me.  So, after I sat and thought and tried to remember my password, here I am.

The past few months have been overwhelming for me.  I have always thought of myself as a driven, motivated person but there have been more days that most that I have been struggling to find that drive within myself.  I was pretty consistent with my mileage and my workouts when I had the gym membership...when I didn't use it, I watched the money fly out the window so that in itself was motivation for me.

So, I started January 2013 the same way I started the January before...a few pounds heavier and disappointed that I let myself end up back where I started.  I sat down at the end of January, mostly because I desperately need new shoes, and went back through my workouts of 2012 (because I keep a log).  From September to the end of the year, my mileage fell drastically and my workout days were sporadic...which explains the 8 pounds coming back for a visit...thankfully, not here to stay.

January was a half way decent month.  I got back on track with my mileage, got some 5 AM's in with a running buddy of mine, and found a little bit of that motivation that I had lost.  I lost four pounds, but still no where near what I wanted to lose...wishful thinking had me hoping for the whole eight.  I have realized though, that I am so used to putting whatever in my mouth because while I am training, I know I will run it off and then some.  It has been a struggle for me the past few years to get out of that mentality when I am not running 40+ miles a week.  PMSing did me in this month already, but I have jumped back on the wagon (hey, that's what counts, right?!) and I am focused and ready to get these pesky last 5 (yep, up 1 since Jan already) off before we head to Florida for my ten year anniversary in March. 

Bikini, here I come!

No comments: