Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Line Up

This weather here in the midwest has got me going crazy.  One day I am running in the rain, the next I am running in the sunshine without all the layers, and the next day I wake up and there's ice and snow on the ground and it's below zero with the windchill.  I am desperate for spring here so I can have a little consistency and know what my workout week looks like in advance.

Because I can't seem to plan my weekly workouts out, I have been spending a lot of time mapping out my racing season.  I really want to go for quality this year and not quantity...I want to run my best half, my best 10 mile, and my best full.  Last year, I set a new PR for myself in the half and also in the 10 mile.  I want so badly to get my full under 5 hours again.  So, I still need to firm things up for the full I want to run in the fall, but here is what 2013 will hopefully look like for me:

May19th - Rockford Half Marathon
June 1st - Milk Days 5K with my daughter (her first race!!)
August 24th - The CRIM 10 mile
October 20th - Des Moines Marathon

I would like to find a fun mud run and another half sometime in November, but this is what I've got so far.  I am looking forward to the end of March when training begins (and hopefully the snow ends).

And now that I think about it, I think this year marks 5 years since I entered my first race.  I am hoping to set a few more PRs this year and looking forward to where my feet take me.

Happy Running!

No comments: