Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Runner's Valentine's Day

I thought this was perfect to post to my husband.  I love lacing up my shoes and heading out the door when I am stressed to the max and don't think I can take much more...and my man is ok with my escape...he knows I always come back...and in a better mood.
 
 
 (Picture courtesy of Slow is the New Fast)
 
I have been desperate for a new pair of shoes.  My last new pair was back in March of 2012...and I have done a whole lotta running since then...almost 700 miles worth and that doesn't include biking and hiking.  So, needless to say, my feet, hips, legs, and just about everything else have been killing me these past couple of months.  I gave my husband a not so subtle hint the other day.  I woke up this morning, came out to the kitchen, and on the counter was an Asics box with the words, "I love you".  It made my whole entire day!  Most women would love diamonds, a coach purse, flowers, chocolates...but me, I love me a new pair of shoes.  I laced them up today and I had forgotten what it was like to run on a cloud.  This is the beginning of many, many miles together.
 
 I am one happy girl...and my feet are happy too!


(My hott new pair of shoes!)

No comments: