Monday, February 25, 2013

Question for today...or every day...

I read the words, "Why Are You Still Carb Loading?" and immediately I felt a little guilty.  Carb loading?  Me?  Okay, yeah, that's me.  And yes, I ran my last race four months ago...but I am still carb loading.

Carb loading is used by endurance athletes (or those of us who love bread), such as runners, to maximize the storage of glycogen (or energy) in the muscles.  It's recommended for endurance events lasting more the 90 minutes...which I am pretty sure, doesn't describe my day to day activities.

So, I am caught...with bread in my hand, yogurt with granola on my spoon, and a big bagel with cream cheese in my mouth.  Yep, still carb loading.  Granted this was an advertisement for the Paleo diet, but it still got me thinking about what I put in my mouth and lately, it's been carbs, carbs, carbs.

Why am I still carb loading?  Well, it's because I got a little taste and never stopped.  Goal for this week: stop.

No comments: