Sunday, April 1, 2012

March Recap and a Look Ahead to April

I have a vacation hangover.  We just got back from spending the week in Florida.  My weekly mileage suffered a bit, but it was so nice to getaway.  I logged a total of 111 miles in the Month of March!  I was pretty happy today when I added it all up before I tucked my mileage calendar away.  Right before we left on vacation, I met my weight loss goal for the month too...just in time for the beach.


Although I logged 12 miles while on vacation (I ran three 4 milers), my eating went down the tubes.  So, once I lose these couple of vacation pounds, I plan on dropping three more and will be good to go. 

I was back in the gym the morning after we got home and today I fit an 11 mile bike ride and some weight lifting in along with a four mile run...and let me tell you that my run felt a whole lot faster not running in 80 degree Florida heat.

My half is quickly approaching at the end of this month....as well as my 30th birthday!  I am so excited to run my first race of the season....bring on April!

Happy Running!

No comments: