Thursday, April 12, 2012

Faster

I have always said, I will never be the fastest runner.
I will never run a sub 8 mile.
I will never come in first in any race...
but that doesn't mean that
I can't work at being fast-er.

Yesterday evening, despite my foot, I met my running buddy for a short three miles.  I always seem to do better when someone is beside me.  We started out and it didn't feel fast at all, until I looked down at my watch at mile 1 and we were at 9:11.  I didn't know if I could keep it up, but I told myself just to give it a shot.  My watch went off at mile 2 and we had run that in 9:09.  With a mile left, I knew I could pull it off.  I completed three miles in 27:21...one of my best times yet.

Today, I am giving my foot a break.  Tomorrow, my husband is joining me for another long run.  I'm planning on doing 10 miles and hoping to keep my time as close to 1:40:00 as I can.

No comments: