Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fast Four and a Long Run on the Horizon

I love to run in the evening.  I wish races were in the evenings.  I love lacing up my shoes and hitting the road to pound out the stresses of the day.

I met up with my running buddy yesterday evening for a hilly run.  We've run many, many miles together.  I really enjoy having her beside me to push and challenge me.

When we finished our run last night, I could tell that it felt fast...especially the last mile.  With it being dark from about two miles on, I couldn't tell just how fast we ran the last half.  I check my Garmin and viewed each mile:

Mile One - 10:06
Mile Two - 9:58
Mile Three - 9:58
Mile Four - 9:00
and the last .06 - 7:14
Average pace - 9:43/mile

For our hilly run, I have to say I was pretty pleased.

On Friday, I have a 14 miler planned (if I'm feeling good it might turn into 16), and so I won't be lonely, I am bringing my husband along to ride his bike beside me.  I'm not really a talker when I run...I like to get in a zone and get it done...but it will be nice to have him there with me.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: