Friday, April 13, 2012

Ten

I was up early this morning.  I had trouble falling asleep after getting home from work last night...and then my Middle Man woke me at around 3AM.  At 3:30, I decided that I would head to the gym and hop on the bike for ten.  I finished ten in under 40 minutes and felt like I could go home and go back to sleep...so I did.

After dropping the kids off at school, my husband, my Littlest Man, and I went to the trail.  My husband rode the bike with my Littlest Man on the back while I knocked out 10 miles.  I was determined to finish as close to 1:40 as I could.  Here's a rundown:

Mile #1 - 9:43
Mile #2 - 9:28
Mile #3 - 9:53
Mile #4 - 9:45
Mile #5 - 9:52
Mile #6 - 10:20
Mile #7 - 10:29
Mile #8 - 10:55
Mile #9 - 10:12
Mile #10 - 10:18

Total - 1:40:54  -- average 10:05/mile

My foot started killing me at around 7.5 miles...and I was so thirsty.  I didn't even think to wear my fuel belt and I really wished I had.  I had some serious dry mouth going on.  Other than that, I felt great and was so pleased with my time.  My half marathon is two weeks from tomorrow and I actually feel like I am somewhat ready.  I probably won't run any more long runs until that day...and then it will be time to cram for my full a month later.

I've been starving these last two weeks!  I'm always so hungry when I up my mileage.  I worked out for about three hours today so I had a huge salad with two hard boiled eggs and about a 1/4 cup of cheese on it along with a protein bar this afternoon.  Yum!

I am looking forward to having this weekend off...and hopefully getting in a few more miles tomorrow to finish off my week.

Happy Running!

No comments: