Friday, October 7, 2011

Ready or Not

It's been one thing after another these past three weeks.  Do I feel as prepared as I was for my last marathon?  Not really.  Am I ready?  I sure am.

I have been fighting a chest cold for the past two weeks.  It knocked me on my butt a few days after my kidney issues subsided and a day after I recovered from the stomach flu.  I hate being sick...and I don't think I have been out for this long since before having kids.

Today I laced up my shoes and went for an easy (and slow) four mile run.  It's the first run I have done in the past two weeks that I haven't had a coughing attack during or after...so that was encouraging.

I've got my playlist ready, my snacks picked out (I like to eat and run), and I am getting my outfit picked out today.

Ready or not, Chicago here I come!!!

No comments: