Friday, October 21, 2011

Switch Up

I have been back to working second shift 24 hours a week for almost a month now.  The weather is getting a lot colder, which means less running outside and more gym time.  I have had a really difficult time sticking with my 4AM workouts.  There have been way more mornings than I would like where I don't even hear my alarm, turn it off without knowing it, and continue sleeping.  When the kids were all very little, I could deal with sleep deprivation, but I am not too good at functioning on less than 6 hours these days.

I need to rethink my morning workouts...maybe not for the entire week, but for the days that I have to work.  Next week, I am going to start working out after I get out of work and see how that goes.  I really like getting my workout in first thing in the morning...it just makes for a much better day...but when I am only getting them in 50% of the week (or less) as opposed to five or six days a week something has got to change.  I am hoping that I will like the late night workouts...but I have never been much of a night person.  So, we will see how it goes.

No comments: