Thursday, October 13, 2011

Back Up and Running...

Marathon morning, I woke up to a Garmin that wouldn't turn on.  I tried everything I could think of, but even when I put in on the charger the "battery charging in progress" didn't even show up on the screen.  I need my Garmin...I would choose that over my ipod most days...and for 26.2 miles it wasn't working!

On Monday, I was too sore from the day before to run.  I didn't even attempt...but I did hold out hope that a miracle had happened over night and my Garmin would magically turn on.  Much to my surprise, I pressed the on button on the side and heard the beep.  I don't know what happened...why it would not even turn on Sunday morning but it's working now.  I couldn't be happier.

Since the marathon on Sunday, I have run a total of 10 miles this week.  Tuesday it was slow going, but today it felt more normal with minimal soreness.  I am looking forward to getting back in the gym and losing the few pounds that I gained over the summer...yes, over the summer...isn't that only supposed to happen in the winter?

No comments: