Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Future Running Buddy

(My Macy girl showing off her new collar)

We have a pit mix. She is precious. We adopted her from a shelter almost three years ago. She was a mess, pretty skinny, and in need of some TLC. We put some weight on her, spoiled her, and loved her to pieces. She's an old girl...about 8 or 9 years old. She runs with me when I know I am going to be running back roads that kinda freak me out. She's a good running buddy, but she poops out after any more than three miles. I literally have to drag her home.


For the past two months, we have been talking about getting her a friend. We looked at different breeds, checked out different shelters, and thought long and hard about it. Two weeks ago, we brought our little girl home...my future running buddy.




She is a precious Shepard/husky mix. She is super smart and fits in well with our wild and crazies. She is doing great with potty training and this past week has been going to the door and letting us know when she needs out...instead of us following her around and watching her like a hawk. She is getting used to walking on a leash and learning some other manners. She loves her new house and her big sister...who she likes to play with and tease. I am really looking forward to working with her and conditioning her to go on those long runs with me...she just needs to be a little older first.


I have always been an animal lover...it was just a lot easier when I wasn't the mom....and it wasn't my house. *grin* But, I am so glad that my kids are growing up with the same love that I have. Two dogs?! Yep, we are crazy...but this is just how we roll.
I am sure I will be posting a bit more on my new little running buddy...especially when we take our first long run together.

No comments: