Monday, January 10, 2011

Here's where it all begins...

This is my starting week. The weather is less than ideal, but I am super excited about getting back to the grind...not to mention, I have an awesome new arrangement with a friend to help me out.

Even though I have two marathons under my belt, I still feel like I have a lot to learn. I am really going to try to use these next four months to better my running. I have run one marathon with a whole lot of training and then I have run another with little to none. I don't want to over do it this time but I would like to go in to this marathon prepared to better my time...hopefully coming in somewhere close to 4:30.

Here's what my first week look like (the first couple weeks are the best!!):

Mon: rest
Tues: 3 miles
Wed: 5 miles
Thurs: 3 miles
Fri: rest
Sat: 8 miles
Sun: cross train

I am having a few reservations about the training plan I am doing. I am going to see how it goes, but I might have to switch it up a bit as far as my running days. Also, with working almost every Saturday, I might have to switch my long run day to Sunday instead of Saturday...or even Friday since my hubby has Fridays off until the weather gets nicer and work picks up. So, these next few weeks will be a trial period until I get the kinks worked out.

Let the training begin!

No comments: