Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Good byes, Goals, and Races

Happy New year!

One year ago, a huge gift lifted my spirits during a stressful season in my life. I was given (by an anonymous person) a years membership to my local gym. It was a huge blessing and really made my marathon training possible. So, today with the new year, comes the loss of my gym membership. It's going to take some getting used to. I am really going to need to work on toughing it up and getting out there in the cold...or getting creative with my workouts. I will especially miss it the next three months.

This time last year, I really wanted to start a new habit of logging all of my running miles. My Garmin keeps track of my miles run outside, but I did not keep up with logging my miles on the treadmill (or the times that I left all my equipment at home and just ran where my legs took me). So, that is a goal of mine this year and I am going to try it again. We'll see how it goes.

I have been thinking about what races I want to run this year. I am hoping to keep it as local (and inexpensive) as possible. I am thinking this is how my racing season is going to play out (give or take a race or two):

May 15th - Rockford Full Marathon (I loved the 1/2 last year...looking forward to the full)
June 4th - Milk Days 10K (I missed doing this last year)
June 12th - Northshore 1/2 Marathon
August 27th - The CRIM (my 4th!!!)
Sept - QC Marathon (loved doing the relay here...really nice race and course)
October - ?Local 1/2 Marathon? (Still looking) Pumpkin Fest 10K

Good luck in your 2011 racing season prep...or whatever fitness goals you have set for yourself! Happy Running!!

No comments: