Friday, January 31, 2014

Rollin' Out





Before you think this has turned in to a cooking blog, let me explain:

I got to the gym this morning and did my little mix up of a workout : 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the treadmill, and 15 minutes on the bike.  I did arms and abs after that.  I left the gym and my legs felt so tight.  I don't have a foam roller, but today I was wishing that I did!  Next best thing?  Yep, that's right...a rolling pin.  I rolled my legs out a few times and I was good to go.  I think I will need that rolling pin again tomorrow after my 7 miles.

I might start doing Favorite Food of the Week Fridays for a bit.  I have been really trying to watch what I put in my mouth this week.  I have been counting calories for a couple of months now...not so much to skimp on them to lose weight, but to make sure I am getting enough of what my body needs...a healthy balance of carbs, protein, and fat.  I have known about PB2 for a while now, but I had never tried it.  Last week, I tried it for the first time and loved it.  I loved it so much that I went out and bought some of my own.  I mix it up and dip my apple in it...it's good for dipping banana in it too.  So, this was my pick for my favorite food of this past week.  I love peanut butter, but this is a healthy alternative without all of the fat.

We have some big snow on the way and I am hoping I can make my trek to the gym tomorrow for my seven mile training run on the hamster wheel.

Happy Running!

No comments: