Friday, January 24, 2014

Back to Training

It's hard to believe that it's that time already.  It snuck up on me.  I got out my calendar the other night and counted the weeks until my half marathon and was surprised when it was just less than twelve.  So, it was time to jump on a training plan.

In 2013, the only race I ran was The CRIM...so, I feel like I am pretty rusty and I can't just wing it this time like I have in the past.  I also want to do well.

I found a plan I liked and jumped right in.  This morning called for a 4 mile run.  The weather has been less than cooperative lately.  When I woke up at 4:15AM and heard the wind howling, I was so thankful, once again, for my gym membership.

My 4 miles felt good today.  I kept an easy pace (9:30/mile) and before I knew it, my run was done.  Before I let myself get too excited about how much easier that went than expected, I remembered that I have 6 miles to do on Sunday...on the hamster wheel.

One day at a time.

Happy Running!

No comments: