Sunday, March 4, 2012

February Recap & Thoughts About March...

February flew by.  I ended the month with 86 miles run and 2.5 hours of spinning under my belt.  I started working in some hill work into my week.  It's nice to be able to feel myself improving.  I also went on my first night run in the dark...strapped on a headlamp and took off with my running buddy for a run under the stars.  It was absolutely gorgeous!

These last five pounds are going to take a little harder work to get off that I have been willing to put in lately.  I am determined to get them off this month though...before Spring Break!

I'm still running in my same pair of shoes and trying to hold out until April.  My left foot went numb today on my run and my knees are starting to bother me so hopefully I won't injure myself before those new shoes show up.  I'm looking forward to my first new pair in almost a year.

This month, I am planning on upping my mileage on the weekends.  I really need to make those long runs a priority if I am going to reach my racing goals this year.  Since I will be going it alone in my Marathon training for the first time, my husband has agreed to join me on those long 18-20 mile runs on a bike...should be fun.

I had a little bit of a health scare in February.  I am relieved that everything checked out okay and I haven't had any episodes since a day before I saw the doctor.  I scaled my miles back that week because I didn't know what was going on.  This past week was the first week that I was able to get my mileage up over 20.  I ended with 25 miles for the week.

March is going to be a busy month (my calendar is already basically full), but I am determined to find the time and put in the work.

Happy Running!

No comments: