Monday, September 12, 2011

Still Running Strong...

I haven't stopped doing what I love to do...I guess I have just stopped writing about it (from the looks of this blog).

Up and coming is The Chicago Marathon that I am running on October 9th.  I am getting really excited and looking forward to the challenge of another twenty-six point two.

I have been upping my mileage, with which comes the good and the bad : more mileage means more calories burned, that feeling after a good long run, the feeling of accomplishment, how good that shower feels afterward, time alone in my head to reflect on a lot of things....the bad : this nagging pain that has been shooting up my ankle, another UTI, stomach issues, and time eaten up on my weekends with the long run that I have to get in.  The good outweighs the bad and I guess that's why I keep doing it...there is almost nothing on earth better than crossing that finish line after running a marathon.

This past week, I logged 46 miles...and my long run at the end of my week was made more uncomfortable by a UTI...lovely.  I doubt that I am going to have a good mileage week this week because of my recent diagnosis.  But, I just keep reminding myself that for the DeMoines Marathon I decided to run it about a month before, did one long run leading up to it, and did better than the one I really trained for.  I told a friend the other day that once someone gets to mile 20 it's all heart and soul until the end anyway.

So, hopefully in the next couple of weeks leading up to Chicago I will be on here more.

Happy Running.

No comments: