Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'll say it again...

...I really hate change.

The ear phones that I have had for the past 5 years bit the dust.  I love them and for the past few months only the left one had been working...but I would rather just deal with only one head phone than get new ones.

It was four in the morning, I wasn't really awake, and I turned on my ipod to start my morning run.  No sound.  For a few seconds my thoughts went several different ways : Great timing for my ipod to brake.  Now what am I going to do?  I must go back home and go back to sleep.  What a way to start my day.  Stupid piece of junk.  My ipod was still lit up, it still had the little play arrow up in the corner, and it was still switching songs...just no sound.  So, rather than chalk it up to "my stupid ipod" I decided to plug my ear phones in to the treadmill tv and see if they could be the problem.  BINGO.  At that point I was relieved that it was only my head phones...but sad at the same time.  I have worn them for every single run, every single race I have run.

It must have been since this incident happened too early in the morning, because by the time I was getting around head out for my next run I had forgotten I had no head phones.  Out of desperation (rarely can I run without music...yep, I am that kind of runner) I grabbed my daughters.  They are the kind that are shaped like a bullet, instead of the flat, round ones that I was used to.  I didn't know how this was going to go...but I was hoping for the best.  After running twice with them, I decided they weren't so bad...and now, I love them.

I hate change, but when I am forced in to it, I usually find it's not so bad.

No comments: