Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Recap and a Look Ahead to May

Miles Run - 116

Miles Biked - 118

I am pretty happy with my mileage for the month of April.  I kept pretty busy and the month really flew by.

While I was having problems with my foot, I gave the bike a try and found I really like it.  I rode off most of my baby weight after I had Middle Man...up until I couldn't get the last pesky ten pounds off and then I switched to running.  It was nice to switch things up this month, but still keep on top of my running miles.  I don't know, I may want to give a triathlon a try.

I did great this month with my diet...well, until the last week.  I was crazy hungry and gave in to all the carbs and birthday sweets.  It's going to be really hard to get back on track, but the cake is gone and frankly all the junk has left me feeling pretty crappy.

For the month of May :

I have a Marathon on the horizon.  My goal is to finish under 5 hours...it would be really nice to come in close to my Des Moines time.  Chicago knocked the wind out of my sails and left me with a lot of self doubt...it was such a terrible race.  So, hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will enjoy it.

I need to get back on track with my eating.  Nuff said about that.  Time to get to work.

No comments: