Monday, February 6, 2012

Because of her...

Yesterday, I was tired...really tired.

My plans didn't include a run.  They included a very long nap.

After I had been sleeping close to two hours, my Princess came in and shook me and asked if she could ride her bike along side of me while I ran.  Of course, I really dreaded the thought of leaving my warm, cozy bed...but for my princess, I gave her a nod and made myself get out of bed.

My hubby was gone for the weekend to a boy scouts retreat with my Middle Man so I had to figure out a way to get somewhat of a workout in.  On Saturday, the weather was gorgeous (thankfully) so I loaded my Little Man up in my single jogger and my Princess rode her bike beside us.  I was so proud of her for making it 3.5 miles...there was a stop at the park at mile two to make both of them happy.  Gotta do what you gotta do.

Well, I guess she really did enjoy her bike ride as much as she said she did...she was begging for more.

We hit the road and she wanted to go a little farther and try to beat our time from the previous day.  Man, she is so much like me.  Now, when I run, I really don't like to chat...usually.  My Princess, on the other hand, got really chatty as soon as we left our drive...which turned out to be such a nice conversation and some real quality time for the both of us.

When we pulled in to our drive, after four miles, she immediately started planning our next run/bike together.  I am really looking forward to her getting a little bit older and being able to hop on her bike and ride 10 miles beside me...or lace up her shoes and run beside me.

I am so thankful for my little girl...and thankful, because of her, I got four miles in yesterday when my plan was to stay in bed.

No comments: