Monday, December 12, 2011

Dia Numero Uno

This weather has taken a toll on my running.  This cold makes me want to make a bee line for my bed, pull the covers over my head, and stay there until the next 60 degree day.  It's made rolling out of bed for my 4AM workout difficult, which is probably why I have been averaging around 12 miles a week...sad, sad.

Yesterday, after sleeping through my morning alarm, I set a goal for myself and hope to make it out of my bed for my morning workout and get my mileage back up there.  Today I did.  One day down, six more to go.  I need to get my butt in gear and make it through this winter still in decent shape.

Today, I did 3 miles on the elliptical.  They felt good and I averaged 7:15/mile.  Then I jumped on the treadmill for 2 miles.  I averaged 9:56/mile.

Total miles for Day #1 - 5

No comments: