Tuesday, May 3, 2011

That Time Again...

When I got to Michigan, I was so excited about lacing up my shoes and hitting the dirt roads with my sister. My heart sank after looking all over for the bag that had the shoes in it...I had forgotten my running shoes by the laundry room door of my house. My Mom told me to go grab an old pair of hers to use. I was desperate and at the time didn't care that they were a different brand and different size than I wear.

By run number three, my feet were really bothering me. After it was over, I took off the shoes and blisters that I had gotten the day before had popped, leaving my socks a little blood stained. I would do it all again to run with my sister...but I am still paying for it.

I know my shoes that I am currently wearing have a lot of miles on them. I got them a bit before my Marathon in October and it's now the beginning of May. It could have a lot to do with the pain I am in. After my long run on Sunday and this morning's run, I am hurting. I have a shooting pain in the arch of my left foot that goes all the way up the side of my leg in to my calf...which has led to two sleepless nights.

I did all but beg this morning when my husband was getting around for work...I will beg if I have to...just waiting on the go ahead for my new shoes...and praying it's before Rockford in less that two weeks.

No comments: