Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I run...

...so I can eat.

In case you think I have it all together as far as proper diet and exercise go I have a confession to make: I don't...and especially around this time of the year (and this time of the month).

Like, let's take Halloween for example. I dress my kids up. I walk them around from house to house. And this Halloween, when my youngest decided he wanted to quit after not even filling his pumpkin half way, I was a little annoyed because it meant not so much candy for me.

So, it's no surprise that this week has been a terrible week for me. I have no will power and I feel like I am in a cloudy chocolate fog. I just cannot help it. I black out for a minute and I find 7 empty Reese's wrappers in front of me...how did that happen?! Just wake me when it's over...when all the candy has been eaten. At the rate I am going, that may not be too long.

I run so that I can eat...but this week I think the calories have caught up to me. I am sure next week, I will be able to resist the Reese's.

2 comments:

Saralyn said...

Oh, Beth, I am so with you. While I don't have the stamina (or the desire, really) to run as far as you do, I know what the cookie-candy-chip part of my diet will do to me if I'm not moving. The alarming part right now is that I'm not moving! Junior High boy is cramping my running style as we scale the mountains of school work. Many days we're at it for 12 or more hours. Between the stress and the candy, I need 4 miles a day and I'm not getting it!

Beth said...

Saralyn!! How are you??!! Jr high, seriously?! It's hard work balancing it all...hopefully you will be able to find the time.