Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Love Affair

It used to be with Nike. I was a big fan. Wouldn't wear anything else on these feet of mine until...

I went to a running store right before my first ten miler and was fitted...

and ended up with a pair of Asics.

That was almost four years ago....

and my love affair continues.

Today, my doorbell rang and the kids yelled that it was the guy who delivered packages. Packages? I didn't order anything...Daddy would kill me if I ordered anything...not really, but it wouldn't be something he would smile about. My heart started beating faster and I immediately got my hopes up. I felt like my three year old with his "wish flower" yesterday. If I had one at that moment, I would have said (with my eyes closed), "I wish for new Asics Gel Nimbus 13, size 8.5...perferrably ones with pink on them!"

I should have known that my Prince loves to make my wishes come true and knows what I like. A rectangle packaged was laying at my feet when I opened my door. I knew my wish had come true. What I didn't expect was for them to be so beautifully perfect. I am in love. No more foot and ankle pain.

I am looking forward to all the miles these babies will take me...and the memories I will make along the way.


No comments: